Learning Evaluation for Adjustments & Responses to Needs
ONLINE / Ages 6 to 15
A Brain-based Approach to Understanding How a Child Learns
Supporting Parents, Teachers & Tutors to Support Children
A brief online assessment of learning strengths and weaknesses can give parents hints about how their child learns and how teaching strategies can be adjusted to cater for individual learning strengths. The purpose of this online assessment is not to label or diagnose, but rather to use the results to develop a general understanding of how your child’s characteristics can inform how their learning can be supported. This assessment is conducted via parent questionnaire and the results can help provide you with general information about your child's personal strengths and weakness in areas of cognitive processing and give you a few strategies to help your child learn at home and school. The results can:
• provide a general picture of cognitive processing and thinking skills.
• be used to help parents, teachers & tutors support and design learning activities.
• provide parents and tutors with general strategies to support their child at home.
• provide general insight into strengths that underlie academic success and difficulties.
How it works:
1. To receive more information and to register your interest, click here.
2. If interested, you will receive a questionnaire for you to complete based
on your knowledge and observations of your child. This is not an automated process,
so please wait up to 24 hours to receive your instructions and link.
3. Following the completion of the questionnaire and payment, a brief professional summary report & general strategies will be provided via email.
Important Note: Obtaining a formal diagnosis of a learning disability is different to a learning strengths profile or academic assessment. If you are seeking a formal diagnosis or cognitive assessment for your child, I would advise you to seek out the help of a qualified psychologist. You can do this through the Find a Psychologist Portal via the Australian Association of Psychologists Inc or the Australian Psychological Society.